
Luxury 1BR Haven in Surabaya: Menara Rungkut Gem!
Luxury 1BR Haven in Surabaya: Menara Rungkut Gem! - A Review That's Actually Real! (Prepare for Rambling…)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just escaped the concrete jungle and nestled into the "Luxury 1BR Haven in Surabaya: Menara Rungkut Gem!" and you know what? I'm still processing. It's that kind of place. Prepare for a detailed, slightly messy, and completely honest review, because let's be real, the perfect hotel review is as rare as a unicorn that actually enjoys a foot bath.
First Impressions & That Annoying Elevator (Accessibility & Getting Around, Sort Of…)
So, the building itself… it's a high-rise. Really high. This is the Menara Rungkut Gem, and the views are… well, we'll get to the views. My first thought? "Hope the elevator works." And it did! Most of the time. There was a slight moment where it decided to take a scenic route up a few floors, but a little jiggle and a muttered prayer to the elevator gods sorted that out. Accessibility-wise, it SEEMS okay. There are elevators, and I think the public areas are mostly accessible – I didn't scope out every single nook and cranny, let's be honest. But a quick glance suggested ramps and the usual accommodations. Getting around within the building itself is easy, but I can't vouch for the entire city from a wheelchair perspective – you'll have to investigate that further. Free parking is a BIG plus, especially in a city like Surabaya. You won't have to worry about finding a spot or paying fees.
The Room: My Personal Sanctuary (Available in All Rooms - Phew!)
Okay, the room. It's a 1BR, as advertised. And it's… nice. Really nice. I'm talking clean, modern, and actually comfortable. (A HUGE win!) From the moment I walked in, I was greeted with a cool breeze from the air conditioner, a welcome respite from the Surabaya heat. The air conditioning in general is wonderful, also because the room is equipped with a window that opens. Air conditioning in public area too which is great! The bed? Dreamy. Seriously, I could have napped for a week straight. Extra long bed? Yes, please! The blackout curtains are a lifesaver, letting me sleep in well until my natural waking time. The bathroom? Modern, with a decent shower, a separate shower/bathtub. Plenty of hot water (essential!), fluffy towels, and… bathrobes! I felt like a celebrity. There's a scale if you feel terrible. And those are not all! there is also complimentary tea, coffee/tea maker, free bottled water, a mini bar, a refrigerator and a safe box!
Internet, Glorious Internet! (Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, Wi-Fi in public areas)
Listen, if the Wi-Fi is garbage, the whole experience falls apart. Thankfully, the Wi-Fi here is fantastic. (Amen!). It's free in the rooms, and available in public areas (because who doesn't want to Insta-brag about their amazing hotel?). I could stream movies, browse endlessly, and even (gasp!) work without a single buffering moment. Internet access – LAN is also available.
Let's Talk Food! (Dining, Drinking, and Snacking)
Okay, food. This is where things get… interesting. There are restaurants, a coffee shop, and a snack bar, so you won’t starve. The breakfast buffet is… well, it's a buffet. There are Asian and Western cuisines along with Asian breakfast and Western breakfast so you can definitely find something to eat. I’m told there's also an a la carte menu, but I'm a buffet kind of gal. I loaded up on delicious (and not so delicious) things. Room service is available 24-hours, which is a huge win for a lazy traveler like myself. There is also available a poolside bar and also a Happy hour.
Relaxation Station: Spa Day (Things to do, ways to relax, Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor])
This is where things get… extra. They have a fitness center (I glanced in. Looked intimidating. Didn't go in) and a swimming pool (that looks pretty inviting, I must say). There's also a spa, with a sauna and a steamroom! The most amazing experience was when I tried their massage. It was so amazing. I may or may not have drooled. They offer a body scrub and a body wrap, and the staff are very friendly. The great thing is, it all comes with a Pool with view!
Cleanliness and Safety: The COVID-19 Factor (Cleanliness and safety, Anti-viral cleaning products, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment)
Okay, in these times, safety is paramount. I was happy to see some signs of precautions. They had hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff seemed to be following protocols. I noticed daily disinfection in common areas, professional-grade sanitizing services, rooms sanitized between stays there are also anti-viral cleaning products. I even noticed cashless payment service, which is super convenient. I felt safe!
The Negatives (Because Nothing's Perfect)
Okay, let's be real. No place is perfect. The signage around the pool could be better, (I almost wandered into a staff area. Awkward.) and the elevator… well, it's not the fastest. But honestly, the good far outweighs the minor inconveniences.
Overall Impression & The Big Question: Would I Recommend It?
Absolutely. For the price, the location, and the sheer comfort factor, Luxury 1BR Haven in Surabaya: Menara Rungkut Gem! is a winner. Especially if you want a relaxing escape.
Final Verdict? Get booking!
SEO-Optimized Offer & Call to Action:
Escape to Luxury in Surabaya! Book Your Stay at Our 1BR Haven in Menara Rungkut Gem!
Tired of the same old hotel experiences? Craving a genuine escape filled with comfort, convenience, and a touch of extravagance? Then look no further than the Luxury 1BR Haven at Menara Rungkut Gem in Surabaya!
Here's what awaits you:
- Unparalleled Comfort: Spacious, impeccably clean 1BR rooms featuring blackout curtains, plush bedding, and all the amenities you need for a perfect stay.
- Stay Connected: Lightning-fast free Wi-Fi throughout the rooms and public areas, so stay connected.
- Indulge Your Senses: Relax by the pool with a view, pamper yourself with a rejuvenating massage at our on-site spa, or work out at the fitness center.
- Culinary Delights: Savor delicious cuisine at our restaurants, grab a quick bite at the snack bar, or enjoy 24-hour room service.
- Safety and Peace of Mind: We prioritize your safety with enhanced cleaning procedures, hand sanitizing stations, and staff trained in safety protocols.
Book now and experience the ultimate Surabaya getaway! Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to experience true luxury at an unbeatable value. Limited availability!
[Link to Booking Page]
Khao Yai: Thailand's WILDEST Kids' Adventure Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this itinerary is less "Instagram-perfect" and more "me-trying-to-adult-but-probably-failing-spectacularly". We're talking about a stay at the "Spacious 1BR Apartment @Menara Rungkut By Travelio Indonesia," which, let's be honest, sounds more like a robot trying to describe a place than a human being. But hey, we'll roll with it. The goal? Survive, maybe enjoy, and definitely have a story.
Day 1: Arrival (And The Great Key Hunt)
- Morning (ish): Flight arrives at Juanda International Airport (SUB). Right, so I'm thinking I packed light, but apparently my brain forgot to pack the crucial information on how to actually get to Menara Rungkut. Taxi? Grab? God, I hope I can even connect to the internet. The stress sweat is already beading. Oh, and did I remember to download a map app? Probably not. Sigh.
- Afternoon (The Key Quest): Okay, so the Travelio app said self-check-in. Sounded easy. Famous last words. Finding the actual key box…let's just say it involved a lot of squinting, awkward hovering near the lobby, and the distinct feeling of being judged by a very bored security guard. Finally! Success! I'm IN. The apartment? Spacious, alright. Smells faintly of… something. Possibly air freshener, possibly regret.
- Late Afternoon/Evening: Unpack. Contemplate life choices, like, "Why did I think I needed all these shoes?" Assess the damage (aka, the state of the apartment). Order some instant noodles and a can of whatever Indonesian soda vaguely resembles grapefruit in my current state of exhaustion. The view from the window is… well, it's buildings. Lots of buildings. But hey, it's my view now! Maybe I'll try to actually go out to the street and actually see the building, before the day ends.
- Anecdote: I nearly tripped over a rogue slipper while trying to set the TV and it was a moment of sheer artistry and how I can be. I think I might had the noodle packet at the right time, cause it saved me from a full-blown meltdown. The apartment has a washing machine--it's huge and intimidating, but I'm probably going to use it. Wish me luck with that.
Day 2: Rungkut Ramble & Temple Troubles
- Morning: Wake up. Realize I have no idea what I'm doing. Decide to embrace the chaos. Coffee? Coffee. The little kitchen in the apartment is adequate, but that's definitely going out for coffee. Probably, I'll go to the nearest cafe.
- Mid-Morning/Afternoon: I've spent 30 minutes figuring out the local buses and another 30 minutes just walking the streets. But eventually, I found my way to a cafe I googled! The coffee was good, and the people watching was even better. Indonesian life at full force, people eating their breakfast with so much joy, the smells of spices lingering in the air. Seriously, you have to try this!
- Afternoon: Armed with a new sense of purpose (and caffeine), I decide to brave a local temple. Here's where things get… interesting. I swear I saw the priest wink at me, I had all the wrong things and I was trying to read the signs. It was beautiful, though. The colors, the chants, the sheer energy of the place was mind blowing, a whole new world!
- Evening: Back at the apartment, exhausted but strangely exhilarated. I order some delicious local food (rendang, naturally) from a delivery service. The food arrives lukewarm. I have a minor existential crisis while slowly eating.
- Quirky Observation: The traffic here makes the New York City rush hour look like a gentle stroll in the park. Also, the pigeons here seem to be… bolder. They're practically mugging people for food.
Day 3: The Great Shopping Adventure (and A Failed Attempt at Bartering)
- Morning: Attempt to be a productive human. Fail gloriously. Spend an hour trying to figure out how to use the washing machine. End up just staring at it. Decide to embrace the mess.
- Mid-Morning/Afternoon: Head to a local market (or at least, what I think is the local market). The smells! The sounds! The sheer amount of stuff I have no idea what it is! I wander aimlessly, completely overwhelmed. I also attempt to barter for a souvenir key chain. I embarrass myself. Miserably. I overpay. I'm pretty sure the vendor is laughing at me.
- Afternoon: Back at the apartment, I'm feeling defeated. But then I see the washing machine and I'm suddenly inspired again. I'm going to do it! I'm going to conquer this beast! I gather all my clothes, read the manual (a challenge in itself), and after about an hour of deliberation, I press the button. The washing machine starts. The lights in the whole apartment flicker. Is this a sign? Probably. But I don't care.
- Evening: The washing machine actually worked! I bask in the glory of clean clothes. Order pizza, watch some local TV (I think it's a cooking show, but I don't understand a word), and just…breathe. This whole thing is hard work, but also… kind of wonderful.
Day 4: The Art of Doing Nothing (and Leaving)
Morning: My last morning! I allow myself to sleep in. Slowly, I pack. It's a bittersweet feeling. I am definitely ready to go home, but I'm also going to miss… this. Even the chaos, the heat, the questionable key chain.
Mid-Morning: Contemplate revisiting the temple. Decide against it. The priest probably saw me coming from a mile away. Instead, I sit on the balcony, sipping some instant coffee, and just…look at the buildings.
Afternoon: Final check-out. The security guard looks less bored and more… amused. I hand in the key, feeling a strange sense of accomplishment. I survived. I conquered the washing machine. I even attempted to barter. (Okay, maybe I failed spectacularly, but still.)
Late Afternoon/Evening: Flight departs. I'm already planning my next trip. Maybe I will go back to Menara Rungkut, because after all, is the best place to start.
Stronger Emotional Reaction: I'm both relieved and strangely sad to leave. This trip gave me a lot of experiences, bad and good. But I experienced it alone, in a place I knew nothing about. It really made me grow a lot.
Messier Structure & Occasional Rambles: Okay, so I have a confession. I forgot to mention the time I got horribly lost in the market and nearly had a panic attack. Also, the mosquitoes here are relentless. Seriously, bring bug spray. And maybe a translator. Also, I think I saw a particularly aggressive squirrel.
Opinionated Language & Natural Pacing: The apartment? Decent. Not luxurious, but it did a job. The location? Okay, a bit out of the way, but hey, I survived. Overall? Worth it. Probably. Definitely. Maybe. Definitely.

Okay, spill the beans. Is this "Luxury 1BR Haven" really all that at Menara Rungkut Gem? The marketing makes it sound like utopia.
The "haven" part? Yeah, you feel tucked away. The building itself is pretty swanky, even if the lobby sometimes smells vaguely of whatever Auntie next door is cooking.
What's the *actual* location like? Is it convenient or a trek in the Surabaya wilderness?
You *are* in Rungkut, so don't expect immediate access to the Plaza Tunjungan experience. You're more in touch with local life, which, honestly, has its perks. Wanna grab some *warung* noodles at 3 AM? Done. Want to try a new place? There are choices!
It's not *central*. Commuting, especially during rush hour, can be… an experience. Think of it as quality time with your Grab driver. On the plus side, if you're the type who values escape from the city hustle, it's great. You're close enough to everything, but far enough to actually *relax*. I actually like the quiet. It’s a trade-off.
The 1BR – is it roomy? I don't want to live in a cupboard.
But *really*… if you've got a monstrous collection of… *things*… you might need to edit your life a little. Like, I had to seriously rethink my hoarding tendencies. Goodbye, old magazines. Hello, spacious feeling!
The bedrooms are a decent size too, not those tiny little shoe boxes from some places. I've got my own sanctuary to retreat to.
Let's be honest about the *amenities*. Pool? Gym? What's the deal? Are they any good? Do people actually *use* the gym?
The gym... Okay, the gym is a mixed bag. It *exists*. It has equipment. Some of it *works*. But the treadmills sometimes feel like they’re plotting to eject you, and I've witnessed questionable bench-pressing techniques. *Shudders*. The good news is, it's usually not *too* busy. If you're a serious gym rat, you might want to supplement it with an external membership. Is it *luxury*? Mmm, debatable. Is it *convenient*? Definitely.
And the parking... Ah, the parking is the one area where I frequently want to bang my head against a wall. It's tight. Seriously tight. If you have a large car, good luck. I've seen some impressive parking maneuvers performed there, I’m serious!
Are the neighbors noisy? Noise is a dealbreaker for me.
I have occasionally heard the upstairs neighbors... Let's just say they seem to have an active social life. But honestly, it's not a constant barrage. I'd give it a thumbs up on the noise front. (Which, after living in a place next to a motorbike repair shop, is a massive win.)
The internet and utilities. Reliable? I can't live without Wi-Fi!
Internet? Mostly reliable. There *have* been a few hiccups. Power outages, of course, happen sometimes, but the building has a generator so you're not totally in the dark. Make sure you check your contract for the internet speeds, I wasn't thrilled with my original plan, and getting it changed was a process. But, overall, I am satisfied with the speed and reliability. Be ready to negotiate.
Water pressure is fine, especially in the shower. No complaints there.
Is there a security deposit? What are the payment terms? And generally, is it worth the money?
Payment terms are, well, standard too. You can usually pay monthly. Discuss this with the landlord. The rental price... Is it worth it? That’s the million-dollar question, isn’t it?
Look, it depends on your priorities. If you NEED luxury, this is a good starting point. It's not ultra-luxury, but it’s more than a basic apartment. You get a comfortable, decent and pleasant place. You're paying for convenience, security, and generally, a nicer living experience.
BUT, and it's a big but, do your research! Compare prices, look at other options. The market in Surabaya, even for “luxury,” isn't always what you expect. Make sure you're getting a good deal. I’d say it’s worth it, but only if you do your homework.

