
Unbelievable Nagasaki Luxury: East Court 102 Awaits!
Unbelievable Nagasaki Luxury: East Court 102 Awaits! - My Very Honest Take (Spoiler: It Kinda Blew My Mind)
Okay, so, "Unbelievable Nagasaki Luxury: East Court 102 Awaits!"… the name? A bit much, right? Like, setting the bar ridiculously high. But, I'm here to tell you, it actually, shockingly, mostly lives up to the hype. Seriously. I went in expecting pretentious fluff, and came out… well, a converted believer, I guess. Let's dive in, shall we? And trust me, I'm going to be brutally honest. I haven't held back.
First Impressions & Getting There: Smooth Sailing (But That Name!)
First things first, accessibility. I'm no expert, but the website made it seem pretty good. Wheelchair accessible areas seemed clearly marked. And the, um, elevator? Crucial. I saw that. A big win. Car park [free of charge] was a bonus, especially after that crazy drive from the airport. (Side note: the airport transfer service is worth it if you’re not a fan of driving on the left. I’m still recovering.) Check-in/out [express] was handy, but the check-in/out [private] option was a nice touch – felt very… bougie. Which, honestly, is what they're going for.
And that name… still! I get it. Luxury. But "Unbelievable"? Okay, okay, I’ll bite…
Rooms That Are Actually Livable (And I'm Not Just Saying That)
East Court 102… phew. Let's talk rooms. Because this is where the “luxury” starts to become believable. And I'm talking not just "nice room," I'm talking "I could actually live here" kind of amazing. Seriously.
- Air conditioning? Obvs. Blackout curtains? YES. Crucial. I sleep during the day if possible.
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! – And it actually worked. Unlike, you know, some places. Internet access – wireless and Internet access – LAN options? Score! (Needed that for some important work… I mean, research.)
- The bed! Soft. HUGE. Extra long bed? Didn't need it, but still, appreciated the commitment. And good pillows are a MUST.
- Bathrobes? Check. Slippers? Check. Made me feel like I was about to be pampered.
- Coffee/tea maker? Essential. Complimentary tea? Even better.
- Mini bar? Empty (I made sure of that, naturally). Refrigerator? Needed that for my… essential liquids.
- The in-room safe box was a plus. Never used it, but always good to have. Security, eh?
- Room decorations? Subtle. Classy. Not overly floral for a change.
- Soundproofing? Absolutely. Didn't hear a PEEP from the hallway. Victory!
- Private bathroom? Of course! And with a separate shower/bathtub? Honestly, I'm weak for a good bathtub.
- Toiletries? Surprisingly high quality.
- Wake-up service? Used it. Worked.
- Window that opens? Thank the Heavens! Fresh air is my friend.
(Minor) Points of Contention: The desk was a little small. And I'm not going to lie, the alarm clock was a bit of a throwback.
The Experience That Made Me Swoon: THE SPA.
Okay, so, the spa. I'm not a "spa person." Usually. But this… THIS changed everything.
- Foot bath: First. Subtle. Bliss.
- Sauna: Hot. Necessary.
- Steamroom: My heaven. This is where I could spend a whole day.
- Massage: Now we're talking! Seriously skilled masseuse. I forgot what my neck pain felt like.
- Pool with view: Honestly, it was magical at sunset. I may or may not have done some serious contemplating about my life choices while gazing out. It made me consider giving up all my terrible habits.
- Spa/sauna: As I mentioned before, it really sealed the deal.
- Body scrub: Oh gosh yes. I'm now a convert.
The Food Frenzy (and the Surprisingly Good Asian Breakfast)
Listen, I'm a foodie. And this hotel… it delivered.
- Restaurants: Multiple. A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in Restaurant. Choices, choices! I didn’t even get time to eat them all.
- Asian breakfast: GET IT. Seriously. Best decision ever.
- Western breakfast: Also great. Plenty of options.
- Coffee shop: Perfect for my early morning caffeine fix.
- Poolside bar: Cocktails and sunshine. What's not to love?
- Bar: A great place to have a drink and watch the world go by.
- Room service [24-hour]: Yeah, tried that. Late-night snacks are a must.
Points to Note:
- I'm not sure about the vegetarian restaurant. I would've tried it but I found too many other things to sample.
Cleanliness & Safety: Feeling Pretty Secure
Alright, let’s get to the serious stuff. Because in the post-apocalyptic post-pandemic world, clean is key.
- Cleanliness and safety: Generally, very high.
- Anti-viral cleaning products: Yep.
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Noticed it. Appreciated it.
- Hand sanitizer: Everywhere.
- Hot water linen and laundry washing: Good to know.
- Hygiene certification: Check.
- Individually-wrapped food options: Smart.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Mostly observed – although occasionally, I had to politely edge away from someone chatting loudly.
- Professional-grade sanitizing services: Reassuring.
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Yup.
- Safe dining setup: Felt secure.
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: I assume.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: They seemed to be.
- First aid kit: Smart
- Doctor/nurse on call: Better to have it and not need it – although I, thankfully, didn't need it.
- *** *Side Note*: The presence of *CCTV in common areas* and CCTV outside property made me feel safer.
Services & Conveniences: They Thought of Everything (Almost)
- Concierge: Brilliant. Helped me with everything from dinner reservations to directions.
- Daily housekeeping: Impeccable.
- Dry cleaning & Laundry service: Essential.
- Luggage storage: Handy.
- Currency exchange: Always needed.
- Cash withdrawal: Useful.
- Elevator: Thank the heavens!
- Facilities for disabled guests: Apparently. (See: accessibility section.)
The "Things to Do" That Actually Kept Me Busy
- Fitness center: I went once. Mostly to justify the amount of food I was consuming.
- Gym/fitness: It was definitely a gym.
- Things to do: The location is great for exploring Nagasaki. But honestly, I enjoyed just being at the hotel.
- Body wrap: I didn't try it, next time.
- Steamroom: As before, a crucial element.
- Sauna: Yes!
For the Kids (And the Rest of Us Who Act Like Them)
I didn't have kids with me, but the babysitting service is a plus. And the hotel seemed very family/child friendly.
The Business Bit (For Those Who Must)
- Business facilities: Available.
- Meeting/banquet facilities: Check.
- Meetings: You can have those.
Getting Around: Easy Peasy
- Taxi service: Readily available. Also, not cheap.
- Car park [on-site]: Convenient.
- Car power charging station: Didn’t need it, but cool.
The Not-So-Fantastic
- Pets allowed unavailable – So if you are a dog, it’s not for you.
- The proposal spot seems a little bit gimmicky. I am not sure if this is a good thing for a hotel to be doing.
In Conclusion: Should You Book?
Okay, back to the name. “Un
Luxury Lagos Living: Stunning A36 Avenue Flat Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we’re gonna try to wrangle a travel itinerary for EAST COURT NAGASAKI 102/イーストコート長崎102, Japan. And by "wrangle," I mean I'm going to try to write a thing that doesn't sound like a robot spit it out. Prepare for feelings, rambling, and probably some typos. This is going to be… well, let's call it "authentic."
The "Maybe We'll Actually Do This" Itinerary - Nagasaki Edition
Pre-Trip Jitters & Arrival (Day 0 & 1):
- Day 0: The Pre-Trip Panic. Oh god, packing. The bane of my existence. I swear, I always end up overpacking. Four scarves? Really, me? And will I really need those emergency high heels? Probably not. But what if… the zombie apocalypse/fancy cocktail party/ impromptu karaoke night all happen simultaneously?! Gotta be prepared. I’m already sweating. Check passport. Check tickets. Breathe. (Deep breath… it’s failing.)
- Day 1: The Jet Lag Dance & Apartment Appreciation:
- Morning: Arrive in Nagasaki! After what was likely a torturous flight (cramped seats, the guy next to me hogging the armrest, the kid behind me kicking my seat – the usual). First things first: Immigration. Pray they don't think I'm smuggling hamsters. Successfully navigate the arrival chaos (somehow). Then, finally, train to Nagasaki. The scenery on the way… OMG. Green mountains, tiny rice paddies… Japan always punches me in the face with its beauty.
- Afternoon: Check into EAST COURT NAGASAKI 102/イーストコート長崎102. (Assuming I can actually find the place after fumbling with Google Maps for an hour). Key in the lock, fingers crossed. Breathe. Unpack a bit, then IMMEDIATELY flop on the bed, because, jet lag is a beast.
- Late Afternoon/Evening: Explore the immediate surroundings. Grab some food. Find a convenience store ("konbini"). Marvel at the sheer genius of the Japanese convenience store. Seriously, they have everything. EVERYTHING. Ramen? Check. Onigiri? Check. Weird, adorable mascot merchandise? Double-check. Stumble back to the apartment after eating questionable food, totally exhausted. Watch something on the TV, probably with subtitles, and pass out.
Day 2: Nagasaki's Historical Heart & A Seriously Emotional Moment
- Morning: Go to Nagasaki Peace Park and the Atomic Bomb Museum. This is going to be hard. It always is. Seeing the remnants of the bomb, the stories…it is a stark reminder of the past. But it's a reminder we have to confront. The museum is expertly done, with incredibly moving and informative displays. I'm crying almost constantly (bring tissues!). The peace park itself…it's beautiful and heartbreaking. Take a moment to reflect, to be grateful, and to vow to be better.
- Afternoon: Explore the area near the museum. Maybe a quiet cafe to recover. I'll definitely need coffee. The weight of the morning will stay with me, of course, but there's a strange peace of being at peace. Staring at the water. Writing in a journal.
- Evening: Dinner somewhere quiet. Ramen to wash away the tears? Maybe. It's a hard day. The kind that sticks with you. Hopefully, I'll find a little joy with the food, that will ease some of the pain of the day.
Day 3: Glover Garden & The Dutch Influence – And A Random Obsession.
- Morning: Wander through Glover Garden. This area is beautiful! It's a peek into Nagasaki's past, a reminder of the foreign influences that shaped the city. The views from up there… breathtaking. Snap a million photos. Probably accidentally delete half of them. I'll get lost in the winding paths and tea houses.
- Afternoon: Take a ferry. I'll never pass up an opportunity to be on the sea. Probably go to the top deck and pretend I'm in a movie.
- Evening: Head to Chinatown, which is very colorful and delicious. Try the champon – a Nagasaki specialty. I'll definitely want to try a local restaurant. After the heaviness of the war memorials, something fun and flavorful will be needed!
- Random Obsession: Okay, real talk. I'm pretty sure I'm going to become obsessed with the local manhole covers. Japan’s manhole cover game is strong. They're like little works of art! I'll be taking photos of every single one. Expect a slideshow when I get home.
Day 4: The Quest for Happiness & Spiritual Reflection
- Morning: Visit a temple or shrine – Sofukuji Temple or Suwa Shrine. Even if I don't understand the religious significance, the architecture is stunning, and the atmosphere is undeniably peaceful. I'll probably light a few incense sticks and soak in the tranquility.
- Afternoon: Go for a hike! The mountains around Nagasaki are gorgeous. Find a trail, breathe in the fresh air, and get some exercise. I’ll probably stumble and fall at least once. That’s just how I operate.
- Evening: Reflect on my trip. What have I learned? What has moved me? Write in my journal, maybe sip some green tea (or, let's be honest, some wine). Think long and hard.
- Bonus: Maybe I'll try karaoke! I'm terrible at it, but it's always a good time and Japan is the perfect place to embarrass myself. It is what it is.
Day 5: Departure Drama & Last-Minute Souvenirs (aka The Scramble)
- Morning: Pack. Again. Curse every single thing I decided to buy. Realize I've lost a sock. Panic.
- Afternoon: The Scramble! Run around Nagasaki, frantically buying souvenirs for everyone I forgot about (because that's how I am). Find some last-minute food for the flight home. Hope I don't forget to buy any omiyage (souvenirs) for myself.
- Late Afternoon/Evening: Head to the airport. Say a tearful goodbye to Nagasaki. Try to avoid weeping on the plane (unsuccessfully). Promise myself I'll come back. Because, let's be honest, I probably will.
Important Notes & Disclaimer:
- This itinerary is a suggestion. I'm probably going to change it a million times on the fly.
- I am terrible at sticking to schedules. Be prepared for spontaneity and a healthy dose of "winging it."
- I will undoubtedly get lost. Repeatedly.
- There will be food-related mishaps. I am a clumsy eater.
- Enjoy the ride (and try not to judge me too harshly).
- Actual distance from accommodation is unknown.
- This is a draft. So, it can be erased.
Okay, there you have it. A mess of a plan, but a plan nonetheless. Wish me luck. And maybe send a care package of tissues. I'm going to need them.
Luxury Studio Escape: Supermall Mansion Awaits!
Okay, So "Unbelievable Nagasaki Luxury: East Court 102 Awaits!"... Is it *really* unbelievable? Like, actually? Because my last "luxury" stay involved a lumpy mattress and a view of a dumpster.
Alright, deep breath. Yes. Okay, maybe *mostly* yes. Let's just say, the dumpster situation? Non-existent. The mattress? Heaven. East Court 102? Okay, picture this: I walk in, right? After the train ride, the jostling crowds, the tiny suitcase that felt like it weighed a ton... and BAM! Space. Like, actual, breathing room. And the *view*?! Nagasaki sprawled out before me, sparkling at night. My jaw… it actually dropped. My *actual, physical jaw* dropped. I swear, I stood there for a good five minutes just… staring. Unbelievable? Yeah, when you've been slumming it for a while, it *felt* unbelievable! But hey, I'm realistic. Sometimes, there's a glitch here or there...
And yeah, I'm still processing that view. Still.
East Court 102. What's *actually* in the room? Like, beyond the, you know, "view" that you're clearly obsessed with? Be honest.
Okay, okay, view-obsessed, I get it. But the room! Alright, moving on. There's this seriously comfy bed (I may or may not have spent a solid hour just...testing it out. Don't judge me, the travel was brutal). HUGE. Like, could-probably-fit-three-me's-in-it HUGE. Then, the bathroom… pure zen. A deep soaking tub, which I definitely, *definitely* used after the day of exploring. The towels... fluffy clouds of pure absorbent bliss. The toiletries? High-end, smelled divine, and I may have "accidentally" pocketed a few. Don't tell anyone! Plus, a mini-kitchenette, which I didn't use much beyond making tea, because, honestly, I was there for the food. Nagasaki food is *amazing*! There's also, I think, a small balcony. I'm pretty sure. Maybe. Honestly, I spent most of the time *inside* so I could fully appreciate the view from the window, since it was more central. Yeah, I really liked that view...
Honestly? I just loved the size of the suite. It's not cramped at all!
Let's talk location. How far is it from, you know, *stuff*? Like, the peace park, maybe? (I hear it is moving)
Right, location. It's pretty darn good, actually. You're not *right* on top of the hustle and bustle, which is a *good* thing. It's a short taxi ride (or, if you're feeling adventurous, the trams are super easy and cheap) to the Peace Park and the Atomic Bomb Museum (which is a must-visit, a truly moving experience). The location is also a short and easy walk from the historic district and Chinatown (do NOT skip the *champon* noodles – seriously). You're far enough away to get some peace and quiet, but close enough to *everything* you actually want to see. It was perfect. Honestly, it took me a minute to get my bearings, but after a day or so I was navigating like a pro. And I mean, let’s be honest, getting lost is part of the fun, right? Makes for better stories. My initial trip to explore led me to some truly quirky little cafes, and I had a great time! Ahhh, the hidden gems…!
Any downsides? Gotta be something, right? Nobody's perfect, not even luxury suites.
Okay, okay, you caught me. Perfection is elusive. There were *minor* things. The Wi-Fi... well, let's just say it wasn't the speed of light. It was… adequate. Sometimes. (Bring a book, seriously). And finding the building... it was a little tricky at first, because the streets were packed, sometimes. My taxi driver drove straight past it. I was not amused. But hey, it’s part of the adventure, right? And the only major thing? Having to leave. Seriously. That was the worst part. I was tempted to just, you know, stay. Forever. It was that good.
What's the *one* thing you remember most? (Besides the, ahem, "view"...)
Oh, man, one thing? Tough. It's all kind of a blur of amazingness, honestly. Well... hmm. Okay. There was this one morning. I woke up, the sun was just hitting the city, gold everywhere you looked... and I made some tea in the little kitchen, and I sat on the edge of that HUGE bed, and I just... I *just soaked it all in*. The quiet. The light. The absolute perfect feeling of peace. Then... I was enjoying a moment of zen, and I was hit with this sudden hunger. I wanted some ramen. Anyway, I ended up dashing out and found a tiny ramen shop nearby. It was a great moment. And all the time the view was there, in the back of my head. That was amazing.
So, bottom line: Would you recommend it? Spill the tea!
YES! Absolutely, unequivocally, YES! If you're looking for a truly special experience, a place to unwind, a place to let yourself be spoiled a little (or a lot), then book East Court 102. Just… go. Seriously. Just do it. You won’t regret it. And honestly? Tell me your thoughts when you're done! I'm still living vicariously through anyone who goes! And please, take some extra time to soak up the view. It's breathtaking. Truly.

