
Escape to Paradise: Bali's BEST Hostel Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Bali's BEST Hostel Awaits! - A No-Holds-Barred Review (and Why You NEED to Book)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on Escape to Paradise: Bali's BEST Hostel Awaits! - and let me tell you, after the whirlwind of Balinese adventures I've just survived, I'm ready to vent, gush, and everything in between. This isn't your grandma's travel review; we're talking REAL talk, folks. This is for the backpackers, the digital nomads, the solo travelers, the couples who think they can handle sharing a dorm – and anyone who's looking for a slice of Bali that's more "authentically awesome" than "tourist trap."
(Disclaimer: I’m human, and sometimes forget things. Bear with me, yeah?)
First Impressions (and the Whole Accessibility Thing):
Okay, let’s be real. Bali, while beautiful, isn't exactly known for its seamless accessibility. But let's cover the basics for accessibility. I didn't personally need it, but I did notice Facilities for disabled guests listed. That's a good start, right? I didn't see specific details beyond that, so if you absolutely need detailed specifics, I'd email them beforehand. Elevators were definitely present which is huge in a multi-story hostel, and it wasn't some rickety thing either; modern stuff.
The Internet? Oh, the Glorious Internet:
This is a big one, let me tell you. Living that digital nomad life means you need the internet to function, or a digital detox, which can be good too. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Amen! Wi-Fi in public areas? Praise be! Honestly, the Internet Access was pretty reliable. Internet [LAN] was even an option if you’re old-school or need a truly stable connection for important calls. I’m pretty sure I saw some people plugged in, looking uber-professional, but I was too busy chugging coffee to care. Internet services generally seemed great too. I could stream, upload, video call, you name it. No epic meltdowns due to slow internet (a common Bali problem).
(Rant incoming… kinda) I mean, I hate when you get stuck with terrible Wi-Fi and can't even upload your Instagram stories of the glorious beaches. Talk about a first-world problem, but still. Escape to Paradise gets it right, and that's HUGE.
Cleanliness and Safety – Because We Care About Staying Alive:
This is where Escape to Paradise really shines. Forget dodgy hostels with questionable hygiene. This place is on it. Pre-pandemic, even! Now, with everything, they're even more on it. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Individually-wrapped food options (essential!), Physical distancing of at least 1 meter (always good, even after the world gets back to normal), Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays, and Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. They've got Hand sanitizer everywhere (not just in a sad little dispenser). Staff trained in safety protocol. They even had Sterilizing equipment. I mean, they're taking this seriously. This is good! Makes you feel…well, safe.
On the topic of safety, CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property, Front desk [24-hour], Safety deposit boxes, Security [24-hour]. All great. It’s nice to know someone’s got your back when you’re lost in a foreign country.
The Rooms – From Dorms to (Slightly) Swankier Options
Okay, let’s talk about the rooms. I was in a… well, let's call it a "mixed dorm." (Read: I didn't pay for luxury). It had Air conditioning (THANK YOU, DEITY!), Alarm clock, Closet, Free bottled water, Reading light, In-room safe box, Mirror, Socket near the bed, Towels, Wi-Fi [free], and a Window that opens. The beds were comfy, even if the snoring situation was… interesting. They had non-smoking rooms (THANK YOU again). If you're feeling fancy, they also do Couple's room and soundproof rooms. There are bathrobes and toiletries as well if you want a little extra oomph. I'm a sucker for blackout curtains. That stuff kept the worst sunlight out in the mornings, making for a better sleep.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Fueling the Adventure:
This is where Escape to Paradise really blew my socks off. The restaurants were fantastic. Seriously. They had everything. Asian cuisine in restaurant, Western Cuisine in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, the whole shebang.
(A confession… that soup…) The soup, the soup… Oh my god, the soup. I think it was a classic Indonesian dish. I'm a sucker for broth on a cold day, as I am at home. But the ambiance, the company of my fellow travelers, the delicious soup - it was an experience. That bowl of soup almost made me decide to stay another week. I'm still thinking about it.
They have a Bar and a Poolside bar too, with Happy hour! Coffee/tea in restaurant (for my caffeine addiction), AND a Coffee shop. Bottle of water provided. Breakfast [buffet] every morning… and a good one, with Asian breakfast and Western breakfast options. Room service [24-hour] if you're feeling lazy, including Breakfast in room. A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Buffet in restaurant, Snack bar… literally, you’ll never go hungry.
Things to Do (and Ways to Relax) – Beyond the Beach:
This place isn’t just a place to sleep. It’s an experience. They had an outdoor swimming pool, and the pool with a view. Spa/sauna, spa, sauna, steamroom. Yes, please! Fitness center, they even had a Gym/Fitness. Massage and Foot bath (yes, please!). I didn't check out the Body scrub and Body wrap, but, let's be real, I probably should have.
Things that made me smile: The Shrine (Bali is super spiritual, and it's awesome to be reminded of that), the Terrace, etc.
Services and Conveniences – They Thought of Everything:
Air conditioning in public area (bliss!), Concierge (helpful!), Cash withdrawal, a Convenience store (essentials!), Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Elevator, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, and Taxi service. Basically, whatever you need, they've probably got it. Cashless payment service? They do.
Getting Around:
Airport transfer? Check. Taxi service? Double-check. Bicycle parking? They got it. Car park [free of charge] and car park [on-site]? Yup.
For the Kids (and the Young-at-Heart):
Family/child friendly. I didn't have any kids in my dorm, but good to know if that's a thing you need. They offer a Babysitting service and Kids facilities. I actually saw a kid's meal on the menu!
Quirks and Imperfections? (Because Nothing's Perfect)
Okay, fine, I'll nitpick. Sometimes, on the way to the breakfast, the person at the front desk was a little preoccupied. Stuff happens. There were a few construction noises, But honestly, that's Bali. Construction is everywhere.
The Verdict – Book It Now!
Look, I'm not easily impressed. But Escape to Paradise: Bali's BEST Hostel Awaits! seriously delivered. It's clean, safe, well-equipped, and most importantly, it's a place where you can actually relax and enjoy Bali. The staff were friendly, the food was amazing, and the atmosphere was perfect for meeting new people and creating unforgettable memories.
Here's the deal. Book. It. Now. Before the secret gets out and it's booked solid.
Here's My (Messy) HOT OFFER - Book Today for Unforgettable Memories.
Escape to Paradise is already offering:
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the property
- Daily breakfast buffet with Indonesian and international options.
- An amazing swimming pool!
- A 24-hour front desk, security and more.
But here’s an offer that's personalized just for you:
Escape to Paradise: Kim Lung Airport Hotel, Thailand - Your Dream Getaway Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this is NOT your perfectly Instagrammable travel itinerary. This is how a real, flawed, hopelessly-in-love-with-travel human actually experiences Bali, specifically the Lokal Bali Hostel. Prepare for chaos and questionable decisions.
Lokal Bali Hostel: The Messy, Wonderful Breakdown
Day 1: Arrival - Or, "Where Did My Sanity Go?"
14:00 - 15:00: Arrival Chaos & Hostel Reconnaissance: Landed in Denpasar. Smiled politely at the incredibly efficient customs officer who was probably judging my travel-worn backpack. Grabbed a terrible airport taxi – seriously, negotiate the price. Immediately regretted not paying for an "official" driver. Arrived at Lokal Bali. It's cooler than the pictures. That perfect, messy vibe? Check. It actually feels like a place where you could actually meet someone interesting and not just a bunch of influencers.
- Anecdote: Found my assigned dorm. Six beds. Six people, all potentially suffering from my level of jet lag. Immediately tripped over a rogue surfboard. Already felt at home. Dropped my bag with a thud. Was I the only one who felt a wave of "oh god, where am I" wash over me when I first arrived?
- Quirk: Noticed the wall art is a mix of vibrant murals and hastily scrawled messages in several languages. "Be Happy, Don't Worry" scrawled in surprisingly eloquent Italian (turns out it was from a guy who looked like he probably should be worrying (but wasn't) about something serious).
- Imperfect Observation: Realized my mosquito repellent was at the bottom of my backpack. Immediately cursed my inability to organize. Oh, well.
15:00 - 16:00: Settling In, Deep Breath, and… Instant Regret?
- Found the common area. Someone was strumming a guitar. Someone else was already nursing a Bintang, and another was already in a heated political debate. This was exactly what I was looking for. Except for that one dude who was wearing way too many necklaces and sweating profusely.
- Emotional Reaction: I felt an overwhelming sense of… relief? Freedom? Like, I'd escaped the prison of my own mundane life. But then I saw the communal fridge. And the questionable leftovers inside. Deep breaths. This wasn’t my comfortable life.
- Opinion: The hostel is almost perfect. It is not for people who like order.
- Minor Category: Checked for a lock for the locker. Found out the hard way I needed to bring my own. Made note to get to a local market at some point.
16:00 - 18:00: Hostel Exploration & Introductions (More Like Hesitant Awkward Encounters):
- Wandered around. Found the pool. Looked inviting. Didn't check the water temperature. Decided to hold off.
- Played a round of ping pong. Lost horribly.
- Rambling: Met a guy who said he was a "digital nomad" and only talked about crypto and dropshipping. Honestly, I tuned out. The guy sitting across from me, though… he had a story about climbing some volcano or something. I feel like he might've been cooler.
- Stream of Consciousness: This hostel is seriously an assault on the senses – the smell of incense mixing with the faint scent of chlorine and something vaguely… herbal? This is going to be a wild ride.
18:00 - 22:00: Dinner! The Food! The… Social Anxiety?
- Found a warung nearby. Ordered Nasi Goreng. It was incredible. Seriously, best Nasi Goreng ever.
- Doubling Down on Experience: The food was a life-saver. The sun was finally setting. Got invited to the "welcome drinks" at the hostel. Should I go? No. Yes. Oh, God… What if I don't know anyone. Should I use the phrase, "How do you do?" from the 18th century?
22:00 - "Whenever I Pass Out": Attempted "socializing" was a disaster. Briefly talked to the digital nomad. Then I talked to a group of people who were definitely over-sharing way too early in the trip. Headed back to the dorm. Got eaten alive by mosquitoes. Swore at myself. Decided to learn the local curse words.
Day 2: Surf's Up (Maybe), Temple Runs, and Existential Dread
- 7:00 - 8:00: Woke up feeling utterly gross. Brushed teeth. Tried to smile and project "I AM A THRIVING HUMAN." Failed.
- Opinionated Language: The bed wasn't the most comfortable and now I felt like I'd been run over by a surfboard.
- 8:00 - 12:00: Surf Lesson (Attempted) & Beachside Shenanigans: Found a surf school recommended by the hostel. The waves were insane. The instructor was hot (but spoke zero English). I spent 2 hours mostly underwater.
- Emotional Reaction: Pure, unadulterated, hilarious failure. I swallowed more saltwater than I thought possible. Somehow it was the greatest experience of my life.
- Quirky Observation: I'm pretty sure a little crab stole my sunglasses.
- 12:00 - 14:00: Post-Surf Carb-Loading & Beach Relaxation: Ate the biggest lunch of my life. Found my stolen sunglasses.
- 14:00 - 17:00: Tanah Lot Temple Run… Alone: Took a motorbike (terrifying at first, now I'm addicted). Went to Tanah Lot. Took pictures because that's what you're supposed to do.
- Messier Structure: Did I enjoy the temple? Yes. Was it crowded? Yep. Did I maybe, possibly, accidentally walk into someone's Instagram shot and ruin their perfect photo? Maybe.
- Stream of Consciousness: Tanah Lot… It was almost cliché beautiful. Made me think about life. Made me think about all the things I had to worry about when I got back home. Oh, and what I was going to eat for dinner.
- 17:00 - 22:00: Hostel Chill & Second Attempts at Socializing: Sat in the common area. Made friends with a cat. Ordered pizza. Attempted to talk to others.
- Imperfection: I overshared about all my failures in life.
- Rambling: Maybe, just maybe, the digital nomad wasn't so bad. Maybe I should try dropshipping.
- 22:00 - Pass out: Sleep from exhaustion
Day 3 and Onwards: (The Rest is a Blur!)
- The Plan: More beaches, more temples, more food, and hopefully, less sunburn. More adventures. More social mishaps. More incredible moments.
- The Reality: Who knows? That's the beauty of this whole thing.
Alright, so this isn't a Michelin-star itinerary. It's real. It's messy. It's Bali. And it's going to be one hell of a ride. Cheers to that! Happy travels!
Witten's Hidden Gem: Ringhotel Parkhotel's Unbelievable Luxury Awaits!
Okay, Bali's Calling! But Is This "Escape to Paradise" Thing ACTUALLY paradise, or just... another hostel? Be honest.
Alright, alright... deep breaths. Look, "paradise" is a BIG word. Let's just say, Escape to Paradise (ETP) is... PRETTY DAMN GOOD. It's NOT a sterile, clinical hotel room designed to make you feel like you're in a hospital. It’s got that slightly-worn-but-loved vibe, you know? That relaxed, everyone-is-friends-after-one-Bintang kind of feel.
I walked in, straight off a sweaty, chaotic scooter ride (classic Bali, right?) and instantly felt… something. Not just relief from the heat, but… a vibe. Think mismatched furniture, fairy lights twinkling, and the faint scent of incense and… maybe a questionable amount of mosquito repellent. But hey, a bit of chaos is part of the charm, yeah?
My first impression? "Wow, this isn't the Ritz... but I could *live* here." And I kinda did, for a while.
Room Options: Dorms? Private? Spoil me with the specifics. And… are the beds comfy? (This is crucial.)
Okay, let's get down to brass tacks: sleep. You got your dorms (standard hostel fare, think bunk beds and the potential for a snorer named Dave), and you got your private rooms. Now, I’m a private room kinda gal. It's just... the PEACE. Plus, you can snore as loudly as you want without getting the side-eye from a hungover German backpacker.
The beds? Look, they're not memory foam clouds. But, and this is a BIG but, they're decent. The pillows are… well, they're there. The sheets are clean (I checked, okay?!). Importantly, after a day of surfing and eating too much nasi goreng, I passed OUT. So yeah, sleepable.
The dorms? I peeked. Looked clean. The potential for meeting awesome people is high, the potential for someone stealing your lucky socks while you're asleep is probably higher. Assess your risk tolerance.
The Vibe Check: What's the crowd like? Is it all Instagram models or actual, y'know, *people*?
Alright, the million-dollar question. The VIBE. This is where ETP really shines. It's not overly curated. There's no pressure to be perfect. It’s a glorious mix. You’ll find solo travelers, couples, groups of friends, a few (thankfully rare) influencer types... but mostly? Real, genuine people. People who are up for a laugh, a chat, and maybe a spontaneous trip to a waterfall.
One night, I got chatting with this Aussie bloke named Kevin. He was covered in sand from a surf lesson, nursing a Bintang, and regaling me with tales of a questionable encounter with a monkey and a stolen sandwich. That’s the kind of energy ETP attracts. It's not about posing; it's about *living*.
Oh, and important side note: avoid the people who spend the whole time taking photos of *themselves*. They're exhausting.
Food and Drink: Can I actually eat here, or am I stuck with instant noodles? (No offense to instant noodles.)
Okay, listen. Food is IMPORTANT. Especially when you're in Bali and surrounded by amazing, cheap eats. Escape to Paradise isn't a Michelin-starred restaurant, but they have a cafe. A decent one! Breakfast is usually included (thank god), and it's your basic toast-eggs-fruit situation. Works. Coffee's passable.
Lunch and dinner are available. I wouldn’t say it's gourmet, but it's edible. The real magic? The pool bar. So many Bintangs, so many sunsets, so many new friends made while nursing a lukewarm beer in the Balinese heat.
Pro tip: Get out and explore the local warungs (small, family-run restaurants). The food is incredible (and cheap!) and it's a massive part of the Bali experience. Just watch out for the spicy stuff… my stomach cried for help a few times from my own poor decisions with chili.
The Pool: Is it Instagram-worthy? Because, let's be honest, that's important.
The pool. Ah, the pool. Look, it's not an infinity pool overlooking a rice field. It’s a perfectly functional, rectangular pool. Clean, cool, and perfect for a post-surf dip or a pre-sunset cocktail. Instagram-worthy? Maybe. If you angle the photo just right.
But honestly? It’s a social hub. People cluster around, chatting, laughing, making plans for the day. I spent HOURS there just… chilling. Reading a book, getting a tan, and occasionally accidentally splashing someone who was trying to take a serious photo (oops!).
Important note: Sometimes, there are a LOT of people in the pool. Embrace it. It's a hostel, not a private spa. Floaties are encouraged, diving is probably dangerous unless you're really good at it.
Activities and Excursions: What can I *actually* do from here, besides lie by the pool (tempting as that is)?
ETP's location is a definite win. It's close to... well, everything. Beaches, surf spots, restaurants, bars, and of course, those stunning Bali sunsets. They usually have a board up with suggestions and events - surf lessons are often arranged, group trips to waterfalls, temple visits, the classic Bali fare. They also partner with local tour operators for day trips – think volcano hikes, rice paddy explorations, and maybe even a monkey forest adventure (though, proceed with *extreme* caution on the monkey front).
I took a scooter to Uluwatu Temple one day, and, I will admit, almost fell off a cliff (the roads are… thrilling) and had a monkey STEAL MY SUNGLASSES. (Karma, I guess?) But it was incredible. You can easily organise all this stuff from the hostel – always get recommendations from other guests too. They often know the insider tips and the best secret spots.
Beware: those “free walking tours” are often thinly veiled sales pitches. Still, worth it, as long as you know. Also, bargain *hard*. Everything is negotiable, especially at the market. Don't be afraid to walk away.
Wi-Fi: Crucial for the modern traveler. Is it decent? Will I be able to actually upload my Instagram pics?
Okay, the internet. The Achilles heel of many a Bali hostel. ETP? It's… acceptable. It’s not lightning-fast fibre optic, so don't expect to stream HD movies. You might have to load that Instagram pic a few times. But it works. Most of the time. Sufficient for basic browsingDelightful Hotels

